A favorite Christmas ornament motif is Santa's reindeer. This is a guide about homemade reindeer Christmas ornaments.
This decoration/ornament would be a great craft for kids to make this holiday season. In this video you will learn how to make it with step by step instructions. View the full project here: Cork Reindeer
Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".
We have a huge bag of corks that we bought at a resale shop, so we have been trying to put them to good use. This adorable reindeer can be used as an ornament or even just set on a table top.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
This is a recycled kids craft. The little ones can really get into this craft, and make something pretty to hang on the tree. Supplies are few.
By Harlean Greathouse
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
1. Antlers: Cut a 7" piece of brown pipe cleaner. Fold in half. Cut two 1.25" pieces of brown pipe cleaner. Wrap a short piece of pipe cleaner around each side of the longer piece, about 1" down from the ends.
2. Glue the base of the 'antlers' to the bottom of the Tootsie Pop. Bend the 'antlers' so that they follow the curve of the Pop. Glue 'antlers' again at the top of the 'head'. (See picture below.)
3. Cut a 3" piece of gold pipe cleaner. Thread the bell on to the pipe cleaner. Wrap around the base of the Tootsie Pop. Twist ends to secure.
4. Glue 'eyes' and 'nose' onto the reindeer's 'face'.
5. (Optional) Attach a piece of string to the back of it's 'head' to make him into an ornament.
NOTE: Other than needing to remove the Metallic pipe cleaner, everything will come off with the wrapper. Making this a great treat for even the youngest child!
By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA
Here's a wonderfully easy craft idea for kids and adults alike! You can use it for your tree, a gift to give, or anything you want! All you need are some candy canes, googly eyes, small pom poms, and brown pipe cleaner. One candy cane makes one reindeer.
They're delightful little reindeer to decorate your tree or house with, or to give away.
By Stacey from Orem, UT
I saw one similar somewhere and took it a few steps further. The kids will really have fun making this quick ornament, a great teachers' gift or how about that neighbor you want to give a little something to.
Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!
Here are questions related to Homemade Reindeer Christmas Ornaments.
Does anyone have instructions to make a reindeer ornament using a green christmas tree light bulb and pipe cleaner for antlers, wiggly eyes and a pom pom for a nose? Would sure appreciate help.
By karen (Guest Post)11/26/2006
I saw a beautifulChristmas Angel in a store made w her dress elegantly draped around a wooden spoon and her head being the spoon part - does anyone have directions? thanks! you may email me by karentatpennswoodsdotnet and I HOPE that keeps "creepy robot" away!