- 1 28 oz. can of tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup of red onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of jalapeno (chopped)
Mix all ingredients in food processor.
This is the one I make all of the time - unfortunately, it doesn't have any real measurements - just to taste, but I'll try to measure it out:
- 3-4 medium size tomatoes - of course fresh from the garden is best.
- 2-3 small green zucchini
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 small jar of store bought salsa - any heat
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder
- Chop tomatoes into small chunks.
- Salt and pepper to taste - liberal garlic
- Let sit for about 15 minutes-1/2 hour to draw out the tomato juices.
- Finely chop zucchini-leave skin on
- Chop green onions
- Mix remaining vegetables into the tomatoes.
- Add jar of salsa (this is for the spices).
- To add extra heat, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes or jalapenos
This is best if left to sit overnight, so the flavors can mingle, but not necessary. Its also best at room temperature.
The zucchini adds a nice crunch and is unexpected. This always gets rave reviews! (06/13/2005)