Homemade Satin Hands

I'm looking for a cheap way to recreate the Satin Hands (Mary Kay) experience. Any suggestions?

By Mae East

Answers:

Homemade Satin Hands

I have not used that cream. I use Vaseline or baby oil all the time, day and night, maybe you can locate it online, good luck. (12/11/2009)

By kffrmw88

Homemade Satin Hands

I think the key is the scrub and a good moisturizer afterward. I have a sugar scrub I use on my body from time to time. When I remember to use it, I make sure to use it on my hands, too. It really helps to make the skin nice and smooth. Then, like I said, a good moisturizer to help keep them soft.

I recently tried and really like a cream from Yes to Carrots (it's called C You Through the Dry Spell). And I see they have a scrub called Feel the C Pampering Hand and Nail Spa. I'm hoping Santa will bring me some for Christmas!
Mmmmm. Now you have me wanting to go work on my hands. :-) (12/11/2009)

By mrs.story

Homemade Satin Hands

I use some olive oil and a bit of sugar rub a little into your hands or wherever you need smoother skin then wash off and then apply your favorite hand or body lotion. (12/13/2009)

By gammybear

Homemade Satin Hands

Can you make sugar scrub made out of regular sugar? Does it make your hands sticky? (12/14/2009)

By MaeEast

Homemade Satin Hands

Way back when, before the "satin hands" Mary Kay used a teaspoon of sugar with the extra emollient night cream. You can also use any type of shortening instead of the night cream. Just clean hands with dish washing liquid afterward and make sure you use a good moisturizer. (12/18/2009)

By tyhjones