Homemade Skin Toner

I found a recipe for skin toner that I needed some information on please. It said:

• 6 spoons of water
  • 1 spoon of Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 spoon of vanilla essence

My question is can I substitute regular vinegar instead of Red Wine Vinegar, and what the devil is vanilla essence? Can I just use vanilla extract? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jamish from Leoti, KS

Homemade Toner

The best liquid that I have found to keep my skin soft and blemish free is oatmeal water. I boil some old fashioned oats in more water than I need, then when it's cool, I skim off the water and put it in a plastic bottle. I refrigerate it. It is somewhat sticky, but I put it on with a cotton ball for a few minutes, then rinse with cool water. Makes your skin feel great. (05/13/2007)

By gwg

Homemade Toner

This is a good toner/pH Restorer

• 2 c. distilled water
  • 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
  • 10 drops favorite essential oil, good ones to try: lavender, lemon, or rose

Combine and store in non-clear container. Use about 1 tbsp per application. Needs no refrigeration.

I did this with rose and it smells wonderful.

As for cleanser: try this one:

Classic Rosewater and Glycerin Cleanser

• 1/2 c. rosewater
  • 1/2 c. glycerin

Combine ingredients and heat to just boiling DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. Store. Apply with washcloth or cotton pads, using 1 tbsp per application. No refrigeration required. Shake before each use. Makes 16 treatments.
Actually I was able to buy it already mixed in a brown bottle at my local drugstore, try the first aid section (I know sounds like an odd place to put it, but that's where they had it) (05/14/2007)

By thriftmeg

<align="center"img src="//img.thrfun.com/images/database/tff68916535.jpg" width="281" height="432" alt="RE: Homemade Toner">

Homemade Toner

Red wine vinegar is slightly different, and has a stronger flavor. I use it for making dressing for a Greek salad. Vanilla essence is likely pure vanilla. I would guess you could use vanilla extract since I would expect all it does is make the red wine vinegar smell better when you put it on your skin. (03/28/2008)

By louel53

Homemade Toner

Tone with freshly squeezed lemon juice applied with a cotton ball. This natural astringent purifies the pores and provides a dose of pure vitamin C.

To gently balance and tone, apply rose water which can be found at most drug stores, with a cotton ball. Or make your own rose water at home, recipe below.

Rose Petal Skin Toner Recipe

• 3 1/2 cups of witch hazel.
  • 1/2 cup of dried rose petals.
  • 5 sprigs of rosemary.

Mix ingredients together making sure everything is blended well.
Then strain and splash on your face after cleansing your skin.

By guddi

Homemade Toner

Apple cider vinegar. It's the best. And its not full of chemicals which make your skin worse. (05/05/2008)

Homemade Toner

Be careful with witch hazel bought from thrift/dollar stores; the witch hazels often have alcohol mixed into them. (11/07/2008)

A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
A woman rubbing her skin.
Caring for Aging Skin
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes