Homemade Skin Toner

I found a recipe for skin toner that I needed some information on please. It said:

• 6 spoons of water
  • 1 spoon of Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 spoon of vanilla essence

My question is can I substitute regular vinegar instead of Red Wine Vinegar, and what the devil is vanilla essence? Can I just use vanilla extract? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jamish from Leoti, KS

Answers:

Answers:

Homemade Toner

The best liquid that I have found to keep my skin soft and blemish free is oatmeal water. I boil some old fashioned oats in more water than I need, then when it's cool, I skim off the water and put it in a plastic bottle. I refrigerate it. It is somewhat sticky, but I put it on with a cotton ball for a few minutes, then rinse with cool water. Makes your skin feel great. (05/13/2007)

By gwg

Homemade Toner

This is a good toner/pH Restorer

• 2 c. distilled water
  • 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
  • 10 drops favorite essential oil, good ones to try: lavender, lemon, or rose

Combine and store in non-clear container. Use about 1 tbsp per application. Needs no refrigeration.

I did this with rose and it smells wonderful.

As for cleanser: try this one:

Classic Rosewater and Glycerin Cleanser

• 1/2 c. rosewater
  • 1/2 c. glycerin

Combine ingredients and heat to just boiling DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. Store. Apply with washcloth or cotton pads, using 1 tbsp per application. No refrigeration required. Shake before each use. Makes 16 treatments.
Actually I was able to buy it already mixed in a brown bottle at my local drugstore, try the first aid section (I know sounds like an odd place to put it, but that's where they had it) (05/14/2007)

By thriftmeg

<align="center"img src="//img.thrfun.com/images/database/tff68916535.jpg" width="281" height="432" alt="RE: Homemade Toner">

Homemade Toner

Red wine vinegar is slightly different, and has a stronger flavor. I use it for making dressing for a Greek salad. Vanilla essence is likely pure vanilla. I would guess you could use vanilla extract since I would expect all it does is make the red wine vinegar smell better when you put it on your skin. (03/28/2008)

By louel53

Homemade Toner

Tone with freshly squeezed lemon juice applied with a cotton ball. This natural astringent purifies the pores and provides a dose of pure vitamin C.

To gently balance and tone, apply rose water which can be found at most drug stores, with a cotton ball. Or make your own rose water at home, recipe below.

Rose Petal Skin Toner Recipe

• 3 1/2 cups of witch hazel.
  • 1/2 cup of dried rose petals.
  • 5 sprigs of rosemary.

Mix ingredients together making sure everything is blended well.
Then strain and splash on your face after cleansing your skin.

(03/29/2008)

By guddi

Homemade Toner

Apple cider vinegar. It's the best. And its not full of chemicals which make your skin worse. (05/05/2008)

Homemade Toner

Be careful with witch hazel bought from thrift/dollar stores; the witch hazels often have alcohol mixed into them. (11/07/2008)

A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
A woman rubbing her skin.
Caring for Aging Skin
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎄