Homemade Space Bags

I read in your column awhile back about someone using black trash bags and the vacuum cleaner to make a large space bag. Does anyone remember this?

Junebug from Long Beach, MS

Homemade Space Bags

I've done this! I was at my brother's and didn't have enough room to bring all my stuff home so we took a black garbage bag and put all the stuff in there and used the vacuum to suck the air out. It worked perfectly. (04/20/2007)

By Denise

Homemade Space Bags

It works as well as the junk you buy. The problem is getting the bag to stay closed and keeping out the air. Under no circumstances waste your money on the commercial ones. They are flimsy and leak. Donate, recycle, and discard something for every item you purchase. Best way to get more space. (06/24/2010)

By liveandlearn900

Homemade Space Bags
Homemade Space Bags
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags