Homemade Squirrel Repellent

This stuff keeps squirrels from eating up your garden, flowers and veggies.

• 2 Tbsp. cayenne powder
  • 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp. Murphy's Oil Soap
  • 1 qt. warm water.
Mix everything together, pour into a hand held sprayer, shake well, and spray all your plants liberally. I usually triple the mix when I make it to make sure I have enough. Then I shake and spray; shake and spray; shake and spray. Now I'm not growing my veggies for the neighborhood squirrels!

The book I got this recipe from has recipes for everything; I mean everything. I love Jerry Baker. When I grow habaneros, I usually dry some to powder and add to this, just in case the cayenne isn't hot enough, but that's just because I'm a cook and always experimenting. The recipe works great on it's own.

Caution: Watch which way the wind is blowing and wear gloves.

Source: Backyard Problem Solver by Jerry Baker

By Lou from Denver, CO

Answers:

Homemade Squirrel Repellent

The only problem with this, I've heard that they can get the cayenne powder in their eyes and then it really burns their eyes. Not sure if it's better because it's part of a mix, but I know that putting the peppers down on the plants will hurt them. (05/06/2010)

By Allison5

Homemade Squirrel Repellent

It didn't work for me, I poured it all over my bird feeding platform. As soon as it dried I put out sunflower seeds for the birds. Within minutes I had a squirrel up there chomping down. (05/10/2010)

By sindowg

Homemade Squirrel Repellent
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
A squirrel eating a pumpkin in a vegetable garden.
Keeping Squirrels Out of a Vegetable Garden
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
🎄
🍂