Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk

This is an economical substitute for Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

• 1 cup water
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • Ad
  • 4 cups instant milk powder

Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture in blender. Add butter or margarine. Blend on low, gradually adding milk powder. Blend on medium until smooth. Makes about 3 1/2 cups, enough to replace 4 (14-oz.) cans of sweetened condensed milk.

Servings: 2 cans
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Today's Tips For Easy Living by Dian Thomas

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk

I am wondering how you store this. I like the idea of having extra "cans" on hand but how long will this keep in the refrigerator? Can you freeze the extra in individual containers or do you need to use this right away? (07/23/2010)

By ms. carmen

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk

How funny! I was going through my mom's recipe box last night and came across her recipe for this that is about 30-35 years old and was thinking I should post it-and here it is in my next email! (07/23/2010)

By lyonpridej

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
 Evaporated Milk
Substitutions for Milk in Recipes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Homemade Condensed Milk
Homemade Condensed Milk Recipes