Browsing: Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes

Over the counter toilet bowl cleaners can be expensive and full of harsh chemicals. Wouldn't you like to know what's in your toilet bowl cleanser as well as get it clean economically? This is a guide about homemade toilet bowl cleaner recipes.

Cleaning a white toilet.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 21, 2010 Flag

How do I make a homemade toilet bowl cleaner?

By Samantha

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found this quite by accident when I had just brought DH home from the hospital after abdominal surgery. I had spent a lot of time staying with him and my potties were a disgrace. He is one of these people who will cough at the drop of a hat, so I didn't want to use strong smelling stuff. I got out my Joy dish liquid (any brand will do), and it made those 30 year old potties look like fine china! We have since replaced the potties, but I am still using dish liquid. You can also use a cheap brand of dishwasher liquid too. I had some I didn't like for the dishes and didn't want to waste it. Worked great on the toilets.

Any kind of soap will do to clean the toilet. I will often use the dregs of shampoo for this. Add a little water to the bottle, swish around and squirt into the bowl. Just use a small amount, then brush and flush. Add a tablespoon of bleach occasionally to remove stains and kill germs.

I am new to your site, and amazed at all the tips and hints everyone shares. Hope I can contribute soon! Thanks everyone for sharing.

Believe it or not, one of the best cleaners I've found for a truly grubby, stained toilet bowl is between 4 and 8 Polident denture tablets(or any discount brant that has the same foaming action). Drop them in one at a time, let them do their foaming thing for about half an hour, scrub with toilet brush, then flush.

Read More Answers...

August 20, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a recipe for cheap homemade toilet bowl cleaner. Does anyone have one?

By Will

My friend buys the generic denture cleaning tabs at the dollar stores, and uses those, along with the standard toilet bowl brush, does this at least 3 times a week. She drops on in, leaves it in overnite, and scrubs and flushes the next morning.

I just don't like my toilet smelling like toothpaste, but it is a good, cheap idea.

Since our water is very hard and the regular toilet bowl cleaner doesn't get all of it. I turn off the tap under the tank, flush until there is very little water and pour in hot vinegar. I heat it in the microwave.

I use comet cleanser with bleach. Just sprinkle a little in your bowl and scrub with the brush. Just as clean as a more expense product would get it.

Try Borax! It is a great toilet cleaner, and works great as a cleanser. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Bathroom CleanersDecember 2, 2013
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner Reviews
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 9:25:00 PM on 10.0.2.169 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.