BeveragesCopycat

Homemade V-8 Juice

I want to make home made V-8 juice using frozen tomatoes from last summer's garden. Anyone know how? If I make a lot of juice, can I then freeze some of it until I am ready to drink it?

Here is a link to a recipe that got good reviews. You can freeze juice.

http://allrecip  opycat-v8-juice/

I have made it many times. really no recipe that I use, I just juice what I have, you can even add in some fruits to it. I do not add salt. I do let it sit a short time to drain off the water that comes to the top (which is great in soups, so don't dump it) i freeze mine just fine, or you can can it. I use tomatoes, carrots, peppers, oranges, grapefruit...

Do you have a juicer? If so, easy peasy. If not, the fact that your produce is frozen is a great help. Put it in a plastic sieve over a bowl to defrost, and when it is completely soft, push as much of the tomato through the sieve as you can. You will have lovely fresh thick juice, as far from the pasteurised V-8 as one can get!

What wonders of making your own juice knowing what you putting in it well let's say you can freeze the food after cutting it up then drop it into a magic bullet it will be excellent no ice me 100% fruit but with a juicer juices change to take all the nutrients out of vegetable and fruit and it's then nothing but sugar so you lose the main part which is the skin & fibers so I recommend RX magic bullet but never a juice in a separate the juice from the skin with another part is waste it enjoy.