Homemade Weight Loss Dog Food

My dog, Honeybear, is a 13 year old Chow Lab mix. The vet wants her to lose 5 kilos; she is 22 kilos. Can anyone please help with home made food recipe for her?

By Daphne

I would suggest cutting back on what she eats by as much as 1/2 and add the difference back in vegetables. Such as chopped carrots, green beans, sweet peas, zucchini, etc. Any low calorie vegetables or a mixture of them added; Apples, carrots, pears, etc make good "treats".

I feed a raw diet and used this method as recommended by the vet to successfully reduced my mini poodle to a normal weight. She is hypothyroid, so it is difficult to lose weight but this did work for us.

An overweight dog.
Homemade Weight Loss Dog Food Recipes
Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesJune 20, 2011
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A plate full of supplements.
Using Supplements for Weight Loss
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers