Homemade White Glue

If you run out of white glue right in the middle of a project, make your own. This is a guide about homemade white glue.

Homemade White Glue
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

• 1 quart skim milk
  • 3/4 Tbsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re-sealable containers.
CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you make homemade glue?

Tina from California

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

1 quart skim milk

3/4 Tbsp. baking soda

1 Tbsp. white vinegar

10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re sealable containers.

Read More Answers...

What part Elmer's to water do I use to make white glue? 1or 2 water and 1 to 3 Elmer's glue?

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Elmers is a white glue unless something happened lately?

How do I make white glue?

By Pamela from Victoria, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks Webby, that's the easiest recipe I've seen yet. I'll try it.

Read More Answers...

If you break a ceramic and don't have cement type glue, you can use the white of an egg for glue. Crack the egg and dip a toothpick or maybe a Q-tip in the white thats left on the shell. It works the same as glue.

If its paper you're wanting to glue, use a paste made from flour and water. You'll get a white glue similar to the white glue that comes in a squeeze bottle.

By Carol Swanson from Wyoming, PA

Answers:

Homemade Glue

For paper glue i have always used egg white when I have run out of PVA glue. An art project I helped my niece do for school recently was to make a picture of a face from cut out pieces of a magazine - she had no glue so we cracked open an egg and used the white. It's a perfect paper glue.

Monique x (04/04/2006)

By Monique63

RE: Homemade Glue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts AdviceJanuary 30, 2013
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 11:08:25 AM on 10.0.1.200 in 938 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.