Homemade White Glue

If you run out of white glue right in the middle of a project, make your own. This is a guide about homemade white glue.

August 7, 2006 Flag

• 1 quart skim milk
  • 3/4 Tbsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re-sealable containers.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can I use regular milk?

Can I water down whole milk, or use evaporated?

If you don't want to make glue don't make it?! But as a side note I don't agree that time is money, the only thing they have in common is how you choose to spend them. I think a great memory made in time is priceless. I know when I am in my final days, I won't be like, "Darn!, I sure wish I would of worked more and made more money.... Nah.. I will be like"Hey!, remember that time we made homemade glue! ha ha..."

On top of that, we would be lessening our carbon foot print, by up-cycling an old container, instead of going out and buying ten more to float around the earth for forever.. cuz plastic is not bio degradable it only breaks apart to smaller pieces that get into our water and fish supply :) and maybe you could even recycle it, but once recycled the chances are the next person will "throw it away."

Thank you for posting a way for me to make memories with the ones I love :))

Read More Comments...

November 27, 2007 Flag

How do you make homemade glue?

Tina from California

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

1 quart skim milk

3/4 Tbsp. baking soda

1 Tbsp. white vinegar

10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re sealable containers.

If it's glue for paper you need, gooey old rice is great.

My father used the white of an egg for ceramics and flour mixed with water for paper.

Carol in PA

These looks like some good ones.

http://fun.familyeducation.com/crafts/toddler/37042.html

Anyone know pvaglue recipe?

February 1, 2015 Flag

What part Elmer's to water do I use to make white glue? 1or 2 water and 1 to 3 Elmer's glue?

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Elmers is a white glue unless something happened lately?

April 25, 2011 Flag

How do I make white glue?

By Pamela from Victoria, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you are thinking of PVC glue, like the white carpenter's glue, forget it. It would cost you twenty times as much to make it, than to buy it at Home Depot.

If you just want a cheap household glue for fun and crafts, that don't have to go out into the weather for many years, then simply mix a bit of flour and water to a thick and smooth paste. For rigid, porous organics like wood, paper, cloth, etc. that makes a very strong and lasting glue.

You can make just a spoon full whenever you need some craft glue.

Keep in mind that home-made white glue is NOT weather-proof!

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/hum

Thanks Webby, that's the easiest recipe I've seen yet. I'll try it.

November 27, 2007 Flag

If you break a ceramic and don't have cement type glue, you can use the white of an egg for glue. Crack the egg and dip a toothpick or maybe a Q-tip in the white thats left on the shell. It works the same as glue.

If its paper you're wanting to glue, use a paste made from flour and water. You'll get a white glue similar to the white glue that comes in a squeeze bottle.

By Carol Swanson from Wyoming, PA

Answers:

Homemade Glue

For paper glue i have always used egg white when I have run out of PVA glue. An art project I helped my niece do for school recently was to make a picture of a face from cut out pieces of a magazine - she had no glue so we cracked open an egg and used the white. It's a perfect paper glue.

Monique x (04/04/2006)

By Monique63

RE: Homemade Glue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts AdviceJanuary 30, 2013
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue From Microfiber
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
🎉
🎄