Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade White Glue

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Homemade White Glue

If you run out of white glue right in the middle of a project, make your own. This is a guide about homemade white glue.

Solutions: Homemade White Glue

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Make Your Own "Elmers" Glue

• 1 quart skim milk
  • 3/4 Tbsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re-sealable containers.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade White Glue.

Question: How Do I Make White Glue?

How do I make white glue?

By Pamela from Victoria, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Pamela05/05/2011

Thanks Webby, that's the easiest recipe I've seen yet. I'll try it.

Question: Making Homemade Glue

How do you make homemade glue?

Tina from California

Best Answer

By suzanne11/27/2007

1 quart skim milk
3/4 Tbsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
10 oz. water

Directions:

Place milk and vinegar in a double boiler. Cook on low heat and stir as curds form. Drain off liquid. Wash remaining mass with water until the vinegar smell is gone. Put in a clean bowl. Dissolve baking soda in water. Pour over curds and stir until a white paste forms. Place in re sealable containers.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Homemade Glue

If you break a ceramic and don't have cement type glue, you can use the white of an egg for glue. Crack the egg and dip a toothpick or maybe a Q-tip in the white thats left on the shell. It works the same as glue. If its paper you're wanting to glue, use a paste made from flour and water. You'll get a white glue similar to the white glue that comes in a squeeze bottle. By Carol Swanson from Wyoming, PA

RE: Homemade Glue

For paper glue i have always used egg white when I have run out of PVA glue. An art project I helped my niece do for school recently was to make a picture of a face from cut out pieces of a magazine - she had no glue so we cracked open an egg and used the white. It's a perfect paper glue. Monique x (04/04/2006)

By Monique63

RE: Homemade Glue