Homemade carpet cleaning solution to use in steam cleaning machine?

I would like to know if there is a way to make a homemade carpet cleaning solution to use in steam cleaning machine?

Answers:

When I rent a cleaning machine, this is what I do: I put wisk laundry detergent and bleach (check your carpet to make sure it wont discolor) and go from there. I start with about 1/8 cup of wisk, if you need more, add more. Good luck! (02/07/2001)

By lhwitch

Simple Green is a great non-toxic cleaner that can be diluted into the steam machine. You can buy it at places like K-Mart and Walmart. (02/07/2001)

By cjmastermixer

I do own my own carpet machine and will never be without one again. The best investment i have ever made. What i do is put the water in and add pine sol to the water. Makes your house smell fresh and clean. It does not take much so just start out with alittle at a time. (02/09/2001)

By JSRS443

I don't know if there are any homemade solutions you can use, but the last time I shampooed my carpet I decided to use Shout on the stains. On the grungy traffic areas I sprayed it all over. I ran out before I got the whole living room done. You could sure tell the difference. I decided next time I shampoo, I'm going to lay in a good supply of Shout. I suppose you could use your favorite brand of laundry pre-treater. (02/23/2001)

By mcnare

I just found out by mixing hot water and oxiclean i can use this in my machine and for me it work great. You need to try a test spot first. (06/15/2001)

By JSRS443

I rent the machine at the grocery store and use about 1 cup of vinegar and boiling hot water in each "batch". Stains always come out & there's no "suds" in this recipe left behind to attract even more dirt! (10/04/2004)

By Sandi

I used to do carpets commercially, let me tell you that having your water hot enough is the important thing. If the water is not hot enough you will never get all the dirt out. (11/24/2004)

By Jason

I have used with great success, club soda on my carpet stains and it works like a charm. Our oldest cat had a vomitting problem and anyone with pets can attest to pet vomit being one of the worst stains to remove in a carpet. Instructions for use:

Club Soda, any brand. Pour directly onto stain let soak for 5 minutes. Blot soaked area with clean absorbent cloth. I blot the area several times
let dry and vacuum.

Club Soda leaves no residue, unlike detergent based products, and therefore nothing "sticks" to the cleaned area afterwards causing the stain to "re-appear".

Lesley (07/28/2006)

Steam cleaner being run over carpet
Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎉
🎄