Honey Butter Grilled Cantaloupe with Ice Cream
I highly recommend Tuscan cantaloupes if they are available to you because they are deliciously more flavorful and sweet than the average cantaloupe. It's also best to use bamboo skewers (soaked in water for about ten minutes) rather than metal skewers because metal skewers tend to overcook the inside of the cantaloupe cubes.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into at least 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Thread the cantaloupe cubes onto skewers.
- Heat honey and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and both are thoroughly mixed.
- Place skewers on the grill and lightly brush top side of the cubes with the honey butter.
- Grill for about 1 minute, turn, lightly brush top side with honey butter again and repeat until all four sides have been grilled.
- Serve over ice cream with remaining sauce.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Add your voice to the conversation.