InspirationalBetter Living

Honor Veterans on 11/11/11

Category Inspirational
contest winner icon

Whichever allied country we live in, I am hoping we will all collectively observe two minutes of silence together in memory and in thanks to all of our soldiers past and present. Let us also remember the loved ones at home who have or continue to sacrifice.

It doesn't matter whether we call it Anzac Day, Armistice Day, Poppy Day, Remembrance Day or Veterans Day. We live our lives in freedom because of the men and women who have given much for our freedoms. This year in particular has a unique hour, day, month and year number sequence that will not happen again for another century.

Here's a video to view to ready your heart before those two minutes of silence. Even if you've seen it before, please watch it again to think about and be truly thankful for what we have. I am also very appreciative to Terry Kelly; the artist who composed this song and video to share with us. He was inspired to do so from a personal experience in a store twelve years ago. If you're like me you're going to need a few tissues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uoandfeature=related

If you would like the Windows media video version of 'A Pittance of Time' to save to your computer, please contact me through the ThriftyFun message center with the email address that you would like it sent to. I would be more than happy to share it with you, and happy to share the two minutes of silence in thankfulness for those who sacrifice for our freedom.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I would love a copy of this sent to me, but can't find the message center to email from.

Pat

It is so easy to take our freedoms for granted. Other countries have done so and have lost theirs.

Anonymous

Amen, Gloree7!

Sunshinepat, I am glad you found the message center and are now enjoying being able to have 'Pittance of Time' as a keeper. :-)

I can't find where the message center is but most definitely want the video. Is there another way to get this video or tell me where to go for the message center.

Dee

Anonymous

Deethundercloud and others who would like to have the WMV video or simply to chit chat :-) Click on my name 'Deeli' (it's in blue) at the bottom of my initial submission (or right here on this comment) and it will open to my personal info.

You'll find 'send a message'. Once you are sending me a message for the video place 'Honor Veterans' or 'Pittance of Time' in the subject line and then in the body of the message type your email address. I am set up to automatically receive email notifications that someone has written to me here at ThriftyFun so I'll know fairly soon someone is contacting me and will send you the video within a day.

For future reference; to check your possible messages from others at the ThriftyFun message center go to the top of the ThriftyFun page. You'll see an orange barline. Click on 'account' then when the box drops down click on 'main' and then to the left of the page you'll see options including 'messages' and click on that (messages) and you'll be able to see if anyone has left you a message :-)

Deeli, thanks for the reminder, just in time for Veterans' Day, too. I do have this song in Windows Media format. I love it, it brings a tear to my eye every time. Just a quick FYI, folks... if you can find the "alerts" link, you should be able to get an email telling you when someone's sent you a note here on the TF site. JPJ

Beautiful Deeli, thanks for sharing it with us! Too many people are so totally oblivious nowadays I think, And so many parents & schools are not teaching this kind of respect to the kids - probably because they didn't learn it themselves! For example, how many people really think about the meaning when asked to say the 'Pledge Of Allegiance' at an event & how many just roll their eyes & wish it was over?

I may not agree with some of the things our country gets us into, but I most definately support our military people 110% & I've made sure my kids understand why they should too!