Hospital Gift Ideas

Deciding on just the right gift for someone in the hospital can be a challenge. This is a guide about hospital gift ideas.

A signed heart as a hospital present.
Filter Sort

Question: Need Gift Ideas for a 21 Year Old in the Hospital

I need ideas for a patient who is 21 and had a head trauma case and is now in rehab and needs things to make his stay better

Paula

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By chris concannon 2 Flag

Hi! There is a website called raspberrybee.com that has adorable designer hospital gowns. I bought one for my neice after her back surgery and she loved it. They have 2 styles and they have lots of different prints to choose from. I bought one in a Lilly Pulitzer fabric and it was totally adorable. The link for the hospital gown website is http://www.raspberrybee.com The lady who took my order said that they will be making children's hospital gowns soon.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: What to give a patient in hospital and his wife?

By Erica 10 6

What can you give a friend whose husband is in hospital. He is now paralized from waist down. His wife has stayed by his side for the past few weeks. What kind of gift can I give her to use/enjoy while staying in hospital with him and what can I give him that he may be able to use?

Erin

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Galso 33 Flag

Here is a list of 10 gift ideas for wheelchair users:

http://www.squidoo.com/wheelchairgifts

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: What Should We Put in Hospital Goodie Bags?

By Lisa 6 2

I am taking my children to visit children in the hospital. I would like suggestions of FRUGAL ideas for goodie bags that my children may hand out to those in the hospital. I am on a very tight budget but believe in teaching my children the importance of thinking of others-- this time of year kids often want, want, want! And I want them to realize the needs of others.
Any suggestion would be very welcomed. -Lisa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By coville123 326 89 Flag

Go in the dollar store in the birthday section you can buy party type favours with more than one in a package like crayons, necklaces, activity books, etc. Small stuffed animals are good as well. Good idea I might do the same!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: A Gift for a Hospital Patient

Flowers are always welcomed, but sometimes you may have a person in the hospital with no relatives close by. A telephone calling card will be appreciated, since hospitals and rehabilitation centers will charge long distance calls to your hospital bill.

While you can call them, sometimes they want to call you with updated information, etc. This came in handy for my mom who was having elective surgery in another state.

Note: This is assuming the patient is not too ill and they can use the telephone.

By Ms. Syd from Dunkirk, MD

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Hospital Goodie Basket Ideas

By April 187 452

We have had several family members in the hospital lately and I have learned a few things that are good to have on hand for visitors or if a person stays with the patient. Now, when I hear of someone in the hospital, I deliver a "goodie basket" to their room. The contents of the basket are often found more useful to family, especially if it is a serious situation where family is camped out at the hospital.

Many of the items can be found at the dollar store. Items in my basket sometimes are adjusted if I know of diet restrictions or younger children, but basically contain the following:

1. boxes of granola or breakfast bars

2. apples, oranges or bananas (3-4 of each or more if a large family)

3. crossword puzzle book

4. notebook and pen

5. pre-made individually wrapped snacks

6. couple of magazines or newspapers

7. juiceboxes

8. board game (checker, etc. can be found at the dollar store)

By April from MO

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Take Frozen Water for Hospital Patients

By Verity Pink 43 17

If you are visiting someone in hospital, freeze a litre bottle of water (mineral, filtered or plain old tap water according to taste) the night before, and take it in. Freezing may distort the shape of the base slightly, so consider taking in a jug or plant pot in which to stand the bottle, if it will not stand up without support. The water will thaw very gradually, and will provide a refreshingly cold drink over quite a long period of time. Provided that the patient is not nil by mouth, this is so much better than the tepid water jugs provided by the ward!

Source: A shop at Victoria Coach Station (London) had frozen bottles of water on sale to drink on long coach journeys

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceSeptember 21, 2012
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Crazy Joker Doctor
    Hospital Jokes
    Mom Decorating Hospital Room for Daughter
    Decorating Your Hospital Room
    Electric Hospital Bed
    Finding an Electric Hospital Bed
    Bed Rail Padding
    Bed Rail Padding Ideas
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:15:49 AM on 10.0.1.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings