House Finch Photos

Category Wildlife
House Finch
Birds can be a challenge to catch a picture of for the photographer. This page contains house finch photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Our Mexican sage plants are beautiful. The purple of the blossoms is incomparable. Often different birds visit the large sage in the front garden to find a seed or two to eat.

This pair stayed for the longest time, picking over the blossoms for whatever they might find. Indeed, one of the extras one has come into your life when you garden is a visit to a plant by a beautiful bird.

By Bob35

House Finches landed on purple sage flowers

Comment Like this photo? 13

Photo Description
With his beak full, Mr. House Finch turns to say 'Thank you'. I'll accept the garbled message. It's just what I wanted to hear.

Bird seed, especially sunflower seed, can leave you with quite a mess to clean up. I saw bags of hulled sunflower seed at Walmart and was surprised at the price; not near as much as I expected. I bought a bag and put some in the feeders.

I was hoping the birds would like it, and sure enough, they do. It might turn out to be expensive, after all. They like it so much, I'm having trouble keeping the feeders filled.

What the heck. It's their mating season and they need lots of energy. It's worth the money to hear their song. It's not unlike the sweet song of the Avadavat avadavat (Strawberry finch) I use to have.

Comment Like this photo? 5

This year, a pair of house finches have "set up housekeeping" in one of our front yard garden hanging baskets with geraniums. There are 5 eggs and they will hatch in about 2 weeks. This wonderful nature process happens every spring and we really enjoy observing them and watching the development.

By Bob35 from Santa Barbara, CA

House Finch Nest (Santa Barbara, CA)

Comment Like this photo? 4