House Training a New Puppy

House Training a New Puppy
Hey there again. I'm asking for the very best way to potty train my Pit Bull puppy. I thought he was getting the hang of it by watching my other dogs, but he hasn't.

Living with my parents (I am 18), it isn't so easy to put puppy pads randomly on the floor and I don't want to have to smack in on the bum. Thank you.

By Erin from Hemet, CA

Answers:

House Training a New Puppy

Do a Goggle or Bing internet search on "crate training puppies". I'm sure there are as many ways to house train a dog as there are people who have dogs, but the crate training method has always worked for me. Good luck! (12/02/2010)

By KansasCindy

House Training a New Puppy

I have a friend who bought one of the pet zooms. It's porous and odor resistant. It has a tray at the bottom that you empty and the grass like pad on top attracts them to pee on it. She loves it. Spanking only confuses them and rubbing their nose in it is just cruel (to those of you who do that) this teaches them nothing and they think you're punishing them just because you can. Try this product hun. And everyone out there who loves your pets, that's all they want and all they have to give back. (12/03/2010)

By YORKIEPOO

House Training a New Puppy

Puppy pads aren't the way to go if you can avoid it. Take him out every hour or two and tell him to "do his business" or whatever term you want to use, but always use the same words. Praise him when he goes. If you must use the pads, put them right inside the door that you use to take him outside. Then he knows to go to the door to go outside and if you aren't there to take him out in time, he can go on the pad. If you must use the pads, blot some of his urine on the pad. Good luck! (12/04/2010)

By Coniatthebeach

House Training a Puppy, Photo of a labrador retriever puppy.
House Training a Puppy
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🎉
🎄