House Training a Pitbull

House Training a Pitbull

I really can't get my puppy to quit peeing and pooping in the house. She is a red nose Pit Bull, and she is two and a half months old. Any advice?

By Tiffanie from Denver, NC

Answers:

House Training a Pitbull

Sorry, no advice (I have cats). I just wanted to say that your puppy is adorable! She looks a bit naughty pulling on that, but what young one isn't? I have an eight month old kitten. :-) (02/13/2010)

By mrs.story

House Training a Pitbull

The first time you get her to potty outside make sure you reward her. Pits are very smart dogs. We have 2 of them right now, but they love feeling special. (02/13/2010)

By vkarr1959

House Training a Pitbull

I've trained dogs to potty outside, and at the first sign (takes a few days of training at a young age, best if you are with them all day and night), your prime focus for those days is not the laundry, cooking, etc. You watch them for the pee or poo dance, and once you recognize it for what it is, you take them outside, and after awhile, they start to associate their pee and poo dance with the door leading outside, and before you know it, they will start going to the door and then you know they need outside to pee and/or poo. (02/13/2010)

By Carol L.

House Training a Pitbull

It sounds like you already have great advice. I just wanted to say that she is absolutely adorable! Good luck. (02/14/2010)

By RDLaure

House Training a Pitbull

My vet told me from the moment I brought my puppy home to not use puppy pads. Take him out after feeding, after naps, and after playing. I took his advice and my dog caught on very quick. But I don't work so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Now if I'm gone all day, he'll hold it until I get back and it seems to take forever for him to finish when he goes outside. (02/14/2010)

By TXBetty

House Training a Pitbull
House Training a Pitbull
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Black and white Pitbull puppy.
Training a Pitbull to Not Bite
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
🎄