House Training a Puppy

I am getting an 8 week old American Bulldog and I have 2 weeks off with him to help settle him in, along with my partner and 15 month old daughter. But after 2 weeks I will be at work 2 full days a week. Will the dog be okay for that amount of time in our kitchen?

By Jacqui from Nottingham, UK

Answers:

House Training a Puppy

The puppy will be ok in your kitchen but be prepared for accidents. An 8-10 week old dog is still very young and very likely hasn't gotten the hang of house training yet. It would be best if someone came in during the day to let the dog out, but I know this isn't always possible.

My son has an American Bulldog and she is just the sweetest thing. She loves her own "people" but is not keen on outsiders. She's very protective and great with kids. Her name is Pinky because she has pink around her eyes, lips and nose, and weighs 85 pounds. Best of luck with your new puppy! (03/18/2010)

By OliveOyl