House Training a Puppy

I have a 16 week old Husky. When I take her outside to go to the bathroom she would just go pee. Then I give her a treat. Then when I bring her back inside, after 10 minutes she'll poo on a pee pad or next to it. Then other times when she goes towards the door to go to the bathroom I'll take her outside and all she does is just sit there. I don't know what to do.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would make sure I disinfect any places when she made in the house. Otherwise, she will go back to that place time and time again. Make sure she gets a treat when she does go outside. Speak in a stern voice when she does her business in the house.

First, make sure to feed on a schedule. Try to get as close to the same times of day as you can. Be sure you don't feed snacks or human food between meals.

Next, check the food. Be sure it isn't full of fillers like corn, soy, sorghum, and various starches. Meat and vegetables should be primary. these fillers will make the dog have to go constantly. If a dog eats twice a day it shouldn't be pooping six or seven times a day.

Finally, be sure to bring her to the same place every time. Pick up some poop and put it where she goes. Even another dog's poop will work or bring her poop down there. Let her smell it. Don't let her leash out long or let her play around. You can even put a puppy pad down on the ground at first if that's what she seems to want.

House Training a Puppy, Photo of a labrador retriever puppy.
House Training a Puppy
Pets Dogs House TrainingJanuary 10, 2017
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:20:56 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.