Housewarming Gift Ideas

Our friends just moved into a new house they have purchased. It is their first home, as they've lived in an apartment up until now. I need an idea for a housewarming gift for them.

- Jessica

Answers:

Housewarming Gift

If they have just moved in, making some frozen casseroles that they can put in the freezer while they unpack and get set up would be good. Maybe make some patchwork potholders, everyone always needs pot holders.

-Liz (09/06/2001)

Housewarming Gift

Nothing makes a home seem warmer than a bouquet of flowers on the dining room table. Take them a bouquet of flowers in a vase, or without. (09/08/2001)

Housewarming Gift

When we first moved in, the lovely people behind us brought fried chicken, potato salad, and a banana pudding - I've never forgotten that, it was so nice of them. Now I keep a box of things around for when people move in. It contains a few light bulbs, some tape, roll of paper towels, and tp, coupons for free local things which I collect, and a date/address book. I get them all the time for sending in pops from Virginia Slims, though you can get promotional ones just about anywhere.

I write in numbers for the nearest good dry cleaner, pizza and other fast food delivery, police, library, grocery store, post office, things like that. On the calender part I put local festivals and such like. Mostly the new neighbors are just so happy that anyone would think to do this for them! If I have time, I really like to include an easy to make pie. Makes me feel really good. Them, too. (09/08/2001)

By boedicea

Housewarming Gift

One of the nicest gifts is a loaf of bread, so the home will never know hunger, a box or canister of salt, so the home life will have flavor, and a bottle of wine or sparkling cider so the home will always have joy in it! These three items put in a basket with a note make a wonderful "new" home gift. (09/09/2001)

By tdandmdd

Housewarming Gift

Perhaps in addition to paper towels, some plastic utensils, plates, bowls, cups. I remember a new neighbor coming and asking for a fork because McDonald's failed to include one with her salad.

- Brenda (10/30/2001)

Housewarming Gift

I agree with the other suggestions. Give a list of repair services, babysitters, or anyone else that you use in the area. It's better than just flipping through the phone book. (10/31/2001)

By kelly

Housewarming Gift

Buy them a Home Depot or Lowe's gift card. Chances are they will need it for something very very soon (new door locks, welcome mat, paint, etc), and they will love the freedom of being able to choose what they purchase.
(01/25/2006)

By singleangel

Housewarming Gift Ideas
Housewarming Fruit Basket
Housewarming Gift Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Whiskbroom Angel
Making a Whiskbroom Angel
🎉
🎄