How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

I have been trying to lose my stomach fat for years. How do I do so in just 3 months? I weigh 217 and I don't necessarily want to lose weight just flatten my belly.

By Becky from Boise, ID

Answers:

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

You didn't mention what your age or height is, so it's hard to tell if you're normal weight or obese. It's next to impossible to lose belly fat in 3 months without losing weight. You have to exercise so you can turn your body fat into muscle.

It's much healthier to be normal weight. Obesity can lead to heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and a host of other medical problems.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

(06/15/2010)

By MCW

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

I agree with MCW. You can work on core muscle building/tightening, but as the muscle builds you will find that the fat on top of the muscle will make your clothes fit tighter until you start to lose some of the fat.

There is no healthy magic technique or exercise that will make the fat disappear. If you do some cardio work and build muscle, eventually you will see the belly fat (and other areas containing fat) reduce.

Jo (06/16/2010)

By gothicmuse

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

Losing weight and reducing belly fat go hand in hand. There is no shortcut and it's all or nothing! Eat only healthy foods, eat in moderation, drink your 8 glasses of water a day and exercise often, including lots of walking, aerobics, sit-ups, crunches, etc.! (06/16/2010)

By Deeli

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

I hate to disappoint you, but it takes hard work and more time than 3 months. I have been swimming (625 miles), exercising, treadmill, etc., etc. and in tightening up the muscles of the butt, legs, the stomach fat is still there. Some of us are meant to have this. It is a cruel issue, estrogen belly some call it. It is called omentum, and a self created organ of the body. Dr Oz has good info on it.

My doctor now has me on high doses of D vitamin. I do 85,000 units a week. Blood work tells you what your level is. An OK level is 32-100. Mine while doing 35,000 units a week was 34. So I got a script to take now. Hopefully with all the rest of what I do, the belly fat will go in time. I have built up muscle in other places I wish were smaller, like chest, arms, back muscles. So be careful what you wish for and work towards! (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Getting Rid of Belly Fat
Getting Rid of Belly Fat
Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
Making a Belly Dancer Costume
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
🎉
🎄