How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?

I am looking for a way to get free plants (give aways) in my area. Possibly from people who want to thin out an area of plant beds.

By Jackie from Navarre, OH

Answers:

How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?

Ask your friends and neighbors! (05/11/2010)

By MCW

How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?

If you're at all friendly with your neighbors you can just stop by and ask for starts. I do! Most plants need some thinning this time of year and people are more than willing to give them away rather than composting them. Even if you don't know the neighbors this is a good way to meet. People love to know somebody is noticing their gardens. (05/11/2010)

By Glenn'sMom

How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?

Try craigslist.com. I've had good luck with lots of flowers. Just look for pictures first to make sure it's what you want and is a decent size. (05/12/2010)

By Allison5

How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?

I would like to suggest that you check out freecycle.org. Just google freecycle.org and follow the prompts. Every state has free cycle sites. Put in your area code and you will find one or more that may be close to you. On this site you can post that your are looking for free plants. My whole herb garden along with plants and seeds came from freecycle members. Remember you can add any thing that you want to give away free to the site.

Jeannette in FL (05/18/2010)

By Jeannette1940/a>

How Do I Find Free Plants in My Area?
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎄
🍂