How Do I Freeze Fresh Green Beans?

I would like to know how to freeze fresh green beans.

By Pat H. from La Grange, TX

Answers:

How Do I Freeze Fresh Green Beans?

My mother puts them in a freezer Ziploc bag and tosses them in the freezer. She also cans a bunch for later in the year, but that's beside the point. (05/14/2010)

By Suntydt

How Do I Freeze Fresh Green Beans?

Get them ready and into the freezer promptly after picking them. I snip the ends and break them into pieces. Since I don't use pesticides, I don't even wash them, but if you must wash them, dry them with a thick towel. Then, using paper lunch bags, take 3 bags and put one inside the other. Fill up to 3/4 full with the prepared dry beans, fold down the top and fasten with either a stapler or large paper clips. Mark the bag with a Sharpie pen with the contents and the date.

When you want to use them, just take out what you need, refasten the bag and return to the freezer. They do not freeze into a lump, and will have very little, if any, frost in the bag. They are very good steamed until tender. A friend taught me this a couple years ago. You can also freeze okra, English peas, and chopped or sliced bell peppers this way. The picture shows beans that are still frozen. They have been in the freezer since last August, and as you can see no frost and they are loose pack.

Harlean from Arkansas (05/17/2010)

By Harlean from AR

RE: How Do I Freeze Fresh Green Beans?

How Do I Freeze Fresh Green Beans?
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Growing Green Beans
Growing Green Beans
Freezing Green Beans
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans
🎄