How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?

I would like to to make my own hair dye. I've tried lemon juice, but it only made me get a few streaks of light brown, hardly blonde at all. I was wondering if there are any other homemade hair dyes that would work and make my hair go blonde? It's okay if it's permanent, but semi permanent is okay too.

By cara from Farefield

Answers:

How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?

You may find what you want on ehow.com, but my experience with dark hair, is that it is difficult to get blonde tones, without it turning orangy or brassy, if you don't use a hairstylist.
(07/23/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?

If you are looking for something non-chemical, I think you will have to change what you want. Dark to light isn't going to work without chemical help. I had light brown hair and used henna on it until I had too much gray (orange results). Even with light brown hair I had to use chemicals to get it blonde. Warning: you will have to re-do it every month or 6 weeks to eliminate the root growth. Is it worth it? If you do it yourself, the color isn't going to be even. Check out how much it will cost to have it done professionally, every month. (07/27/2009)

By tennesue

How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?

I don't think there are any home products to safely lighten your hair, other than those commercially produced. Check out your drug store. I used a highlight kit for my hair very successfully for several years. In my area, it costs about $70 for a salon visit, and about $20 for a do it yourself product from the drugstore. I don't think there are any things like lemon juice or whatever that will produce results that you want or that will not damage your hair. Try the drug store. (07/28/2009)

By louel53

How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?

Color doesn't lighten color. You have to go chemical to lighten dark hair without the red showing all through it. (08/07/2009)

By lorraina

How Do I Make My Dark Hair Blonde?
Dark Hair
Dyeing Hair Dark Naturally
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄