How Do I Thicken My Hair?

Could my Cholesterol medication be causing my hair to fall out? I don't know what to do to stop this. My hair is so thin. I use volumizers and gels, but it still looks very thin. Any suggestions on how to get it thicker or look thicker?

By MAK13

Answers:

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

I'm not on medication, but I have baby fine, thin hair. I found this. Well, it's not "shampoo" they call it conditioning cleanser, it's on QVC, and it's called WEN. I called them and the young girl said that it's best used daily, which is not what I was doing.

Now I'm using it every day or maybe every 2 days and my hair is noticeably thicker, even my neighbor made mention of if, and believe me she rarely has anything nice to say. I buy two of them and mix them together: almond mint and cucumber aloe. It's pricey, but my crowning glory is important to me. I also have the almond mist mask, again, pricey, but my hair is loving it.

Also, and I think this is important to you, my scalp feels radiant. A healthy scalp means healthy hair. You might avoid gels, as they are drying, and that can lead to breakage. We need every strand we've got. (07/31/2009)

By MarieClaire

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

Eat foods that contain biotin (like carrots). When my diet is good, my hair and nails grow healthy and faster. (07/31/2009)

By Davidicdancer

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

Your hair will thicken back up if you take folic acid and if you are not on vitamins you should take a One a Day Women's vitamins and for about a month or two take the folic acid until your hair comes back in. People don't know that many drugs we take deplete the nutrients in your body. I kept getting cramps in my leg. Turns out a medicine I was taking depletes the potassium in you body. It says plainly on the literature to the drug that patient should take potassium while on this drug. Did my doctor tell me this? No. (08/01/2009)

By KATIE55

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

The Vitamins are a good idea. I have very soft and thin hair also. I might try them.

But, about a month ago I read how good gelatin is for hair and nails, so I have been enjoying Jello.
The first thing I noticed in about two weeks was how long and stronger my nails were. Then I began to notice new hair growing on the top sides of my head. I started to grow new hair where it had thinned out.

My hair has actually grown thicker.

I have not made my own jello from gelatin, I've just been buying the Grape Jello (made by the Jello Co.) I have stuck with Grape Jello because the ingredients are better.

What an improvement within a short time. I take it about 3 or 4 times a day, even just 4 tablespoons helps.
And think what a cheap way this is to get what our hair and nails need. Now I have Jello in my fridge all the time. (08/02/2009)

By Saxberg

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

It may be hormone or stress related. I too lose my hair and have done so for years. I use to get cortisone shots in my head, but the doctors today are not to quick to help with that option. My cousin just had a baby and lost it by the tons. Her doctor told her to take flax seed oil supplements (about 2 to 3 a day) and her hair grew back even thicker. That's the hormone cause, I'm sure, but I've decided to give it a try as well. Will let you know my outcome in a couple of months. Good luck.

Diane
(08/05/2009)

By dyan818

How Do I Thicken My Hair?

Oprah swears by collagen tablets. She calls them a fountain of youth. I have ordered them online and recently started taking them. They are supposed to improve hair, skin, and nails. It is too early to tell if it works, but the product reviews were very positive. (08/13/2009)

By SusannL