How Do You De-Clog a Sink Drain?

I need help de-clogging my sink drain. I have a double sink, I just finished a load of clothes and both sides of the sink are clogged. Both sinks are full of water.

How Do You De-Clog a Sink Drain?

Use equal amounts of salt and baking soda. Stir them up and stuff as far down and as much as you can down the hole, then pour HOT water, almost boiling on top - you may have to wait a few minutes but IT WORKS! (12/14/2007)

By jon_ina

How Do You De-Clog a Sink Drain?

I have had a few plumber friends who have told me the worst thing you can do to your plumbing is use something caustic like liquid plumber. Besides it's not good for the Earth.

I have purchased a long flat plastic flexible "stick" at ACE hardware stores for less than $3 that has "teeth" on each side. I stick it down the sink or tub drain twist it a smidgen and pull up and out of the drain.

You won't believe what you get, and you probably don't want to know.

Also, I have used an old WaterPik unit that we don't use on our teeth anymore and I squirt it down the sink toward the walls of the drain or plunger and wash away a lot of gunk that slows draining and can become smelly.

By nancycorinne

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathroom Sink
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink