Browsing: Caring for a Puppy With Parvo

How Long Does Parvo Last?

On May 19th I noticed my pup Karma wasn't looking good. Her hair was dull, she looked so sad and wouldn't eat, but was drinking a little bit. I didn't realize she was sick cuz she was always very mellow. I took her to the vet and confirmed it was parvo, but no way I can afford the hospital stay so we did treatment at home. By 1pm on May 20th she started having what seemed to be stomach spasms and passed away with me and my husband with her.

My other pup is sick now. On May 20th when I lost Karma our pup Sutra was running around like a mad man. The morning of the 21st Sutra no longer wants tho eat. It's now May 25th and she looks so bad. I'm forcing feeding her Pedialyte, chicken broth. baby rice cereal, Pepto, and antibiotics.

She started having loose slimy stool with little strings of blood. Yesterday she had liquid diarrhea that was almost black (she only had this 3x). Karma was passing bright red diarrhea. She's thrown up about 3x also; it's slimy yellow and foamy. I'm wondering how long till the parvo is out of her so she will get better. She's on day 4. I hope that's a good s sign.

By Julie

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Parvo is highly contagious, and usually a fatal illness for dogs even with high quality veterinary care. If your dog is still alive-even if seeming to be on the mend, please take her to the vet NOW.

Your dog needs to go to the vet for treatment. You now have Parvo in your yard, and it will stay there for years. Do not bring any dog onto your property that isn't completely vaccinated. Parvo is also airborne; you need to let any neighbors with dogs know that it is on your property, so they can have their dogs updated at the vet. I'm sorry you are going through this. Wash everything in bleach water; their blankets, toys, your floors, bowls, everything, and don't go see any puppies until this has passed.

Needs IV's and vet care. Not possible? Going to try at home? Go to health food store. Get colloidal silver, at least 10 ppm. Enema with cs. Half hour later another enema. This cleans the parvo germs from the intestines and stops the multiplication of them. CS kills bacterial, viral and fungus. Hydrate hydrate hydrate. Pedialite, broth,water, gatorade, chicken soup by mouth.

If you constantly attend to your dog, even with an eyedropper every 2 minutes to get liquids in by mouth the chances for survival are better. Most die of dehydration. You must be in attendance even all night long.

Still advise IVs by your vet. Most vets will take payments. Your home and property are now very dangerous to other dogs, racoons and will be for a year. No new pups.

We had 7 dogs and 1 puppy (puppy got sick a 2 weeks after the first dog that got sick died). All the dos got parvo even with shots we have been giving them parvo k (available from amazon). All 6 of the dogs are running and playing like normal 2 weeks after getting sick. 1 was pregnant when she got sick due any day. Another had just gotten pregnant. Time will tell on the babies. One of the adult dogs that weighed only about 3 lbs., I was very worried about. She is better but even the slightest movement scares her half to death.

Puppy With Parvo
Caring for a Puppy With Parvo
Pets Dogs HealthMay 25, 2012
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 8:05:33 PM on 10.0.1.170 in 927 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.