How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

I have a mini rat terrier, her name is Cheyenne and she is 7 months and has started her first heat. Can anyone tell me how long this will last? She is swollen and bleeds off and on. She is very healthy, but she is so swollen, any advice please? Her vet said this is normal. I am planning on having her fixed as soon as this over but it been a month. She first started swelling for about 2 weeks, then a few days of bleeding. I just want to know how long this will last.

Barbaglia from TN

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

Contact your vet. (03/01/2006)

By mkymlp

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

Your dog's heat can last as long as 1 month, maybe longer if this is her first time! The swelling comes first, then the bleeding, then after the bleeding, this is when she will take a male, BUT she is much too young to have babies, she is still a baby herself. Get her spayed a.s.a.p. This will also cut her chances 95 % of getting breast cancer . I think the humane society has a low cost spay and neuter program. I think you have to wait until she is done with her cycle to have her spayed, but I am not sure . Please do this as soon as possible ,she will be a better dog too as she grows up. I have always had my dogs spayed or neutered at about 6 months of age . (03/01/2006)

By Rosa

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?

Your dog will probably bleed from 6-14 days. It depends on the dog. If you don't want her to get pregnant keep her away from male dogs right now or dont tie her up outside without supervision. (12/30/2006)

By lilPrincess123

How Long Will My Dog Be In Heat?
An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 1:18:42 PM on in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.