How Long to Wait Before Re-dyeing Hair

So I recently was trying to dye my hair blonde and by recent I mean Sunday/Monday. It tried this ammonia free dye that smells wonderful and I've used it in the past it make my hair darker or a mahogany colour. I tried the blonde dye and my hair just didn't absorb it. Then I tried a different blonde hair dye and only the roots absorbed the colour; my hair is slightly lighter though. How long should I wait before trying to go back to darker again? I look like a moron currently.

French braiding seems to work without showing people that the dye just didn't work out or they are too polite to tell me otherwise.

Anyway I want to do it asap, but feel like I should wait until at least the weekend before attempting it. Let me know your thoughts!

Use a semi-permanent dye to make your hair look more "normal." Deep-condition weekly and use permanent dye next month.

You can go darker right away. But remember to condition it frequently.

If you wanted it light again, you would have to wait a couple of weeks before trying it again.

Do not go all the way to black, as it is too much for your hair to stand. And condition your hair frequently to allow it to go back to normal.

Straight away but be mindful of how long the solution stays in your hair. A light trim and deep conditioning is good after each colouring.

I think you can do it now. I would use a permanent dye. There is a new spray temporary coloring agent, i think by clairol, that works great for roots between cokoring