How Much Garlic Should I Use to Prevent Fleas?

How much garlic powder do I give my 50 lb. dog to prevent fleas?

By Eddie from Dallas, TX

Answers:

I have heard that garlic and onions are on the list of toxic substances for dogs. Please check this out first. (07/20/2010)

By merlene

Absolutely none! Anything from the Allium family of plants can be toxic to dogs! It affects their red blood cells and can cause anemia, among other health problems over time. It is not worth the risk even in small amounts. (07/21/2010)

By Deeli

People, people, people! I have fed my dog garlic powder sprinkled over his food and he is healthy, spry and his coat is beautiful, and not one flea! So, listen to your vet tell you it's bad for them (but they get kick-backs for selling flea protection as well as a huge profit) or listen to those that have used it for years and saved big $$$ over paying out.

**Above all, chemicals are never better!** (09/15/2010)

By friv2004

As a veterinarian of 31 years, I typically send people over to a store named, Southern States. I believe they have a website too. They carry a product by Excel called Brewer Yeast with Garlic. It is in a tablet form. This is the best way to provide the garlic to your dog. The bottle contains 1000 chew tabs for around $10.00 (09/29/2010)

By William

Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
Garlic Bulbs
Preserving Garlic
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄