How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

My name is Rebecca and I am from Pensacola, Florida. I am so glad I found this website, so much information that sounds great. My question is how often do you put the vinegar in the water for the dog for flea problems? Can you over do it and hurt the dog? How often should I do this?

RebeccaBell

Answers:

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

I've read 1 teaspoon daily for dogs up to 50 lbs. (05/15/2005)

By Nicky

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

I've read that you can use up to 1 tablespoon per 1/2 gallon of water (changed daily, of course), but the thing is to start out slowly so the dog has time to get use to the taste. I've also read that if you bathe a dog in vinegar it works as well as using flea shampoo, and it doesn't harm them because it's not a poison. Putting vinegar in the drinking water is also supposed to keep the dog's urine from browning your lawn, when you use 1 tablespoon to 1/2 gallon or so of water. I can't see how it would hurt an animal, but you may want to call your vet just to be sure.
(05/16/2005)

By terdralynn

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

We have been using one teaspoon per one quart of water. (05/17/2005)

By Laine

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

You have to be careful and start slowly, 1/2 tsp per day up to 1 tsp per day after a week or so. I started out with 1 tsp per day and my poor dogs were vomiting everywhere. The vet suggested the slow start. (05/17/2005)

By Melinda

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

I personally would never give vinegar to my dogs, and if you feel you must please check with your vet to see if this even works, and if it will harm your dog. My indoor dogs are on Advantage 12 months a year, and as a result, there is no worry whatsoever when we go to the parks to run. Because the dogs are on Advantage, fleas are not in my home or on my indoor cats. Please check with the Doctor. Good Luck!
(05/17/2005)

By ILuvDobes

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

I have to say, I tried this and it really made my 5 cats very ill. When they opened their eyes the corners didn't look right. They laid around and lost weight too. I used white distilled vinegar. Later I read that for people (and probably cats too ) you should only use cider vinegar. The white-distilled actually draws the proteins from your system. Must have done so to my cats. I broke down and bought Hartz, they are doing great now.

Editor's Note: Use distilled white vinegar for cleaning, apple cider vinegar as a food supplement or for cooking. (05/22/2006)

By lisa

How Much Vinegar for Dogs?

Thank you all so very much! I really appreciate all the feed back. : }

Kassie from Ladera Ranch, California (02/23/2009)

Giving Pets Vinegar for Fleas
Giving Pets Vinegar for Fleas
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄