How To Answer "What Breed Is Your Dog?"

With so many people asking "What breed is my dog?" on here I thought I'd share a cute, quick answer that anyone can use, any time someone asks what breeds are in your mutt, or "what kind of dog is that?"

We had a dog that was a Boxer Shepherd mix (at least near as we could tell). We didn't care what was in the dog, but people were always asking, so we decided when anyone would ask we would answer "Oh, she's a Standard American Browndog." You say it with a completely straight face, followed by a little smile and a wink if you wish. It lets people know that you: a)don't know and b)don't care---she's your baby and you love her as much as any pedigreed purebred.

For different shapes, sizes, and colors of dogs you just adjust it a little. You could say "he's a Miniature Dutch Parti-Colour", or "she's a Petite Noir Pees-a-Lot", or "He's a Tri-Color Tailwagger". Just make up something and go with it.

When you do this people get kind-of a blank look on their face for a minute, and then they (almost always) get it. It's usually a good conversation starter too.

The photo is our "Standard American Browndog", Princess, howling that she wants to ride on the tractor!

Brilliant!

Our current dog is a Shih Tzu and quite recognizable as such. Our previous dog was a real mixture, and I always told people straight facedly that she was a Heinz Hound. If they did not get it, I told them she had 57 varieties in her ancestry.

Priceless!

What breed is my puppy? Please help

In my opinion, I think your beautiful dog is definitely Yorkshire terrier mix with possibly chihuahua! More Yorkshire terrier than anything. Good luck with the digging it's going to do lol, bless.

I tell people my dog is a american special .

I got my pup when he was exactly 2 months and he is now 5 months and a few days. (STILL not potty trained....) I can't figure out his breed at all. I am not sure whether he is mixed or not but I have a feeling that he is. Help! Thank you

Pitbully an yellow lab

Is your question about house trading or what breed your dog is. Regards to getting your dog to wee outside, before a dog wees, they sniff the floor and kind of circle. Once you notice this or you catch your dog about to wee, open the door. Touch your dog gently. Go outside first, be encouraging to your dog to follow. Stay outside with dog, as soon as you can hear him wee, say whilst weeing, "wee wee" then the dog's name and good girl or boy. Dogs can understand 350 words in every language on earth. Talk to your dog, praise your dog. Never shout if your dog is weeing in the house. It's your fault, not the dogs. Look for sniffing on floor then in a really kind manner say "come on", then outside wee wee, then praise. You are the leader, your dog is still a baby. You have to teach them everything.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 15, 2015
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
Growing Vegetables in Hanging Baskets
gray haired woman
Dyeing My Hair Gray
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
Varicose Veins
Varicose Vein Remedies
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2017 at 12:21:58 PM on 10.0.0.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.