How do you clean vertical fabric blinds?

I have fabric blinds on my windows that are grubby from smoke from the open fires and just all around grubby. Anyone please give me advice on how to clean them?

Eithne from Ireland

Answers:

I am not sure about your blinds but we treat the stain and then took ours to the car wash and sprayed them. Good and clean now. (08/04/2005)

By Dgrams

I would just clean with soap and water, or bleach and water. I have seen where people have put wallpaper ect on them to hide imperfections and dress them up a little. You can do a search on the web for them, sure you will find something.

Hope this helps. Have a great day! (08/05/2005)

By Michele

We have washed our vertical blinds about 4 times.
Make sure the blinds are washable. Remove the weights and the plastic strips at the top of the blind.
Place some blinds in a pillow case or net bag. You will have to experiment, due to the length of the blinds. We find 12 1.5m blinds in a bag is about right. Put 2 bags in the washing machine on non fast colored gentle spin. After washing, iron each blind covering with a cloth using medium heat. replace plastic strip and weight and rehang.
(02/03/2006)

By Kirkham Geoff.

I take mine down holding them altogether straight place them in the bath with biological soap powder, gently swish the soapy water around and out comes the dirt. Put them back up laying a towel along the window seal to catch the drips. (02/02/2008)

By elaine

I also put mine straight in the washing machine, no net or pillow case came out perfect.

Julie

Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Vertical Blinds
Changing the Color of Vertical Blinds
🎄