How to Avoid Rust Rings from Shaving Cream Cans

Category Bathroom
Shaving Cream Cans
There are some easy ways you can prevent rust rings on your tub from the can of shaving cream. This is a guide about how to avoid rust rings from shaving cream cans.

To save your bathroom tub from getting rust rings on the edges from shaving cream cans, place an old coaster that is not being used anymore on the edge of the tub then place the shaving cream can on top of it. No more rust rings to scour out!

By Rachel from Pine Brook, NJ

Top Comment

I use one of those little tubes for canned drinks. A can of shave cream fits perfectly and no rust rings. I have heard them called "cozies."

Top Comment

I found some small rectangular plant holders in a pretty print that matched my decor. I placed three alongside my tub, lined with an absorbant shelf liner, and now all the bathroom junk goes into the planters and is hidden from view.

Top Comment

I use plastic lids from bread crumb containers, marjarine containers, any lid actually, which is large enough to fit the bottom of the can. They can be rinsed out when soiled and reused.

LI Roe

To keep the unsightly 'rust rings' off your bath tub, put some clear nail polish on the bottom of your shaving cream container.

By CDC from FL

Top Comment

I tried this several times, even putting as many as 5 coats of polish on the bottom of the cans. The polish wore off in no time and I still got the rings.

I found a very simple solution. I always have that rubber matting stuff that comes in rolls to line your shelves or drawers with. I cut a circle out of that and set it where the can usually sits. Voila! No more rings! Plus I can take it off and wash it whenever it needs it and place it back where it was. The same piece of rubber has been on the edge of my tub now for 3 years and still looks new, and still no rings.

Turn shaving cream cans upside down after you use them in the shower. Then they are sitting on the plasic lid-no rust rings!

Or:

Lids from margine tubs make an almost invisible coaster in the shower for shaving cream cans.

By Linda

Answers:

No More Rust Rings From Shaving Cream Cans

You can also paint the rim with clear fingernail polish to prevent it from rusting. (01/31/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

"use clear nail polish." What about the color of nail polish that was given to you that you hate or the color that you just do not use any more? This is a good way to use them up. (02/01/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

I was tired of the rust marks from the shave gel cans on the bathroom counters. Never had the ambition to paint the bottom with clear anything. I was in the gardening department at Wal Mart at the end of the season and for 5 cents each I picked up the bottom dish for flower pots. All cans fit in them, no more rust on the tub or counters. They were plastic and gray colored. My counters are gray. They don't scratch, if they break I bought 8 of them so I have plenty. When they get dirty, I just throw them in the dishwasher.

By Claudia