How to Clean Teflon

I have a Jenn-Air gas range, only 3 years old. One side is a Teflon coated griddle. I am unable to remove the black "stuff" that has accumulated in patches on it. The surface has no scratches, it just looks dull and yucky. Any suggestions?

By Joyjoy2 from VA

How to Clean Teflon

I too have Jenn-Air range with 6 burners and a Teflon griddle. I cannot for the life of me figure out what will clean this mess. I have tried vinegar, baking soda, Brillo, lemon juice, carbonated soda, Soft Scrub, etc. I've tried everything that I've read on other blogs that are safe and non-abrasive, but still have an ugly mess. I thought about ordering a new one from Jenn-Air, but that would only put me back with the same mess later on down the line. I think I'm just going to find some kind of stainless steel cover for it. If anyone has a solution, please reply! (01/31/2010)

By lagoinlb

Egg frying in Teflon pan on gas stove.
Cleaning Teflon
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Teflon Pan
Cooking With Teflon Cookware
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Post it note that says clean your room on it.
Getting Kids to Keep Their Rooms Clean