How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

Cooking oil was filled up in my Calphalon pot. It started boiling and spilled over the edge. Now there are yellow stains and black/brown burnt stains on the exterior of the pot. How do I clean this?

By Laurena from Houston, TX

Answers:

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

First thing to try is baking soda. Get a washing cloth/rag, not a sponge, they 'give' too much.
Dampen and wring out as much as you can. Put the spot you want to clean right in front of you, with pot on side, so you can pour baking soda on spot and not have it fall off. Put your finger inside cloth and begin to rub. You want to have about 1/8 the inch of soda on the spot, more seems to work better. Keep scrubbing until soda is used up, moving from one area to another, adding soda as necessary.

I tried baking soda long ago and found it ineffective, but I was using it wrong; only recently have I discovered you don't want a wet cloth at all, but it has to be just a little damp and you want a lot of soda. Basically the cloth is pushing the soda around. I've used it to clean up gummed on grease around the burners of the stove [the grandsons are not tidy] and it comes up pretty quickly. (11/29/2009)

By PIKKA

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

Try soaking the pan overnight in a sink/dishpan of hot water with 1 cup of powdered dishwasher detergent dissolved in it, then scrub with a nylon scrubby. If you cannot submerge the entire pot, do it in sections repeating with fresh solutions. If you do not have powder detergent on hand, the el cheapo brand from the dollar store works well. This method also works on baking pans with the cooking spray/Pam baked on. (12/02/2009)

By Omanana

Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
A photo of delicious bacon.
Draining Grease Off Meat
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄