How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

I dyed my hair purple on top and black underneath. The black was easy the purple, on the other hand was not. I have purple (and I mean purple) on the front line of my forehead, my ears, and even on my neck.

My husband has a show (he's in a rock band) tomorrow, well today. Please help me to get it off. I tried everything from Vaseline, to bleach, and cigarette ashes. Nothing is working. I desperately and quickly need help. Thanks.

By Mammy from Tacoma, WA

Answers:

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

I use ammonia based cleaner. Apply some on the skin and wipe off with a wet cloth. Worked for me. (03/14/2010)

By Dorty

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

My best friend was doing the root touch up on my hair which is black and well she got it on my hairline, ears, and forehead so she rubbed toothpaste with baking soda and rubbed it all on the area where the hair dye was. Then took Q-tips and soaked them in rubbing alcohol and scrubbed my forehead and all, Then we rinsed it and did this procedure twice and the most of it came off.

As far as the pain it didn't really hurt other than the cold/burning from the toothpaste and the only other pain was from her rubbing so hard at times. It really could have been done again, but I was satisfied enough with the results I got from doing it twice. I really suggest doing this it really works. Good luck. (03/17/2010)

By ababycakes

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

Either of these work: "Lava" brand soap, the old-fashioned light green color soap with some type of scrubbing or exfoliant in it. It comes in a red wrapper in a bar-soap pkg. that's red. A friend of mine in Australia uses something called "Solvol" which is like our "Lava" soap here in the USA. I joined this just to post this because of the fact it is a tried and true remedy. (03/22/2010)

By Bree23

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

I just dyed my hair a soft black, all by myself and got it everywhere. I decided to try the toothpaste and baking soda (Colgate winter-fresh) and to my total amazement, it worked pretty well. I would say 85-95% off. I would recommend this one. (04/22/2010)

By MisLavergneGirl

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

I dyed my hair black last night and got it every where. I have used bleach and toothpaste none of them really worked. So when i got up this morning I came on here and looked at what people have used to try and get the dye off. I have just been in my kitchen and the Dettol was on the side, I thought why not I have used every thing else. It works, use it neat, I used some cotton buds and didn't have to rub hard either. Please try it, it is so much saver than bleach. (05/02/2010)

By EMMA .H

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

Getting dye on your skin is always the best part. Anyway last year I did purple and got it everywhere, ears, neck, hands, forehead, ugggh. Well I used bleach and it worked, but it burned pretty bad. So I have a better solution because I just dyed my hair red and got it everywhere again and someone told me to use hand sanitizer. I used Germ X and a cotton ball and it worked a whole lot better and quicker with no pain! (05/14/2010)

By kiddo1791

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

I just dyed my hair black and I had black on my hairline that was really annoying me so I looked up how to get it off on Google and this was the first link. I had already tried rubbing cigarette ash on my hairline which made the blackness come out a little bit, but I tried rubbing alcohol and that took the rest of the blackness from my hairline. So if I were to recommend one, it would be rubbing alcohol. (05/15/2010)

By GrrlyGrrl24

How to Get Hair Dye off of Skin

Try using the following: a half spoon each, toothpaste, lemon juice, and dish wash liquid. Mix it together and apply on the skin. Wait for 5 minutes, apply Vaseline, nail polish remover in the cotton, and scrub the areas where you have earlier applied. Then wash with water. Sounds funny, but believe me it worked. (06/13/2010)

By joross

Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Getting Hair Dye Off Skin
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄