How to Get Rid of Snakes

Do cats keep snakes away?

By Kathy from Fair Oaks, TX

Answers:

How to Get Rid of Snakes

I spray Jeyes Fluid or if you burn car tires they disappear because they don't like the smoke and smell. (06/08/2010)

By Dorty

How to Get Rid of Snakes

Cats will keep the mice away, and the mice are what attracts snakes. (06/08/2010)

By merlene

How to Get Rid of Snakes

Snakes also keep the mice away. My cat brings the snakes in the house as presents for me. Luckily, I am not as scared of the snakes as I am the mice. lol. I keep telling Sam, keep your toys outside as I pick up another live snake to put outside. (06/08/2010)

By artena

How to Get Rid of Snakes

Ours do. Chickens will also do it and they will take the snake away from the cats. I've seen it. Luckily all we have here are garter snakes. (06/09/2010)

By booklvr

How to Get Rid of Snakes

That whole burning thing sounds faulty, they'll just come back. Snakes are the best at keeping snakes away. King snakes eat other snakes and won't bother you and are not venomous. These guys are also better equipped to dealing with snakes rather than cats.

If you're dealing with venomous snakes on your property (coral, water moccasin, etc.) then your feline is at risk of getting hurt. So just check the snakes out and identify them by looking up the snakes native to your area and match your snakes to the photos. (06/09/2010)

By wishsparkle

Snake coiled in an evergreen tree.
Getting Rid of Snakes
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Copperhead snake against a white background
Keeping Copperhead Snakes Out of Your Yard
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
🎉
🎄