MoldCleaning

Removing Mold from Dish Drainer

Mold happens to all of us. And it is a pain to clean out of holes, grooves, and crevices. The worst area it accumulates in my house is in my dish drainer. No matter how much cleaner I sprayed, I could not seem to remove all of the mold! I never felt like my drainer was sanitary. It would usually get to the point to where I would simply replace it with a new one.

Then one day, my mom was telling me how to get my sink clean by filling it full of water and adding a little bleach. Well, that worked! All of the rust stains came up out of the sink. And my sink stopper went from off-white to blinding white.

So, I thought I would try and put my entire dish drainer down in the bleach-water mixture and see what happened. I let it soak overnight and the next day, my drainer was like new! There was hardly a speck of mold in any nook or cranny! I rinsed it and dried it with a dish towel. The few remaining specks wiped right off. Just add a half a cup of bleach to a sinkful of hot water and you are good to go.

Use the method of cleaning your drain board with bleach after each you wash dishes ,dry dishes, soak the drain board in the bleach solution overnight, you can also send it on your Wooden Spoons in the same method just put them in the drain board along with a bleach solution and you will have sanitize wooden utensils the next day rent Warehouse the bleached items or wash with a mild dishwashing so and allowed to dry before putting the wooden utensils away.

Yes! I have been going crazy cleaning everything with bleach lately! I try to soak my dish drainer every two weeks, including the board. I also soak my stoppers, food catchers, and sponge holders. I love how white, fresh, and clean the surfaces become. And I place a dish towel on my drain board and in the dish drainer after a few days of use. I don't want my dishes to touch that nasty mold. Then when I have time, I soak everything and also wash my dish towels in bleach water. I don't use wooden utensils, but if I ever do, I will keep this in mind!