How to Make a Ribbon and Cord Brooch
By combining pretty ribbon and cording you can make this no sew brooch. This is a guide about how to make a ribbon and cord brooch.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This pretty brooch is easy to make and involves no sewing. Brooch backs are available from most of the major online shopping sites and are cheap to buy. This should only take you an hour or so to make.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 35 inches of 1cm wide ribbon
- 9 inches of cord
- strong glue
- brooch back
- sticky jewel
- measuring tape
- Cut 2 pieces of ribbon about 3 inches long.
- Cut a little "v" at each end.
- Apply glue and centre the ribbons side by side on the brooch back.
- Cut another 3 inch ribbon and 3 pieces of cord 3 inches long.
- Apply glue and place the ribbon crossways.
- Bend the pieces of cord in half to form loops and glue them to the centre as shown.
- Cut 4 6 inch lengths of ribbon.
- Apply glue to the centre again.
- Take one of the ribbons and form it into a circle by sticking each end to the centre.
- Squash it down in the centre to look like a bow.
- Repeat in all directions.
- Add a sticky jewel to the centre.
- Cut a small length of ribbon to fit in the pin on the back and glue it in place.
- Your pin is ready to wear as soon as the glue has dried.
In These Guides