How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I tried to use iron-on letters on a shirt. The letters did not stick, but the adhesive did. Any suggestions on removing the adhesive?

Jennifer from Casper, WY

Answers:

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

Deep Woods Off (bug spray) removes tree sap from clothes, so perhaps it would also remove adhesive. (01/06/2008)

By carolb

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I just used the paper towel trick by placing the paper towel over the adhesive, putting a cloth over the towel, and ironing. It worked like a charm. Thanks! (04/15/2008)

By Early Retaliation

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

Just used GOO GONE successfully to take adhesive out of a Spandex and Rayon garment thanks to ThriftyFun! (07/25/2008)

By clee

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

Hairspray or vinegar also work very well! (08/08/2008)

By nayy

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

A solvent that you can get at Home Depot; Goof Off. It removed all the adhesive left on a couple of hockey jerseys that I took the name bars off of in seconds. (09/11/2008)

By bob

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

Brake cleaner (non flammable) works instantly on polyester to remove sticker adhesive out of clothing. (10/02/2008)

How to Remove Sticker Adhesive

I just voted and placed the "I VOTED" sticker on the lapel of my new polyester jacket only to find out it left an adhesive stain when I peeled it off later. My girlfriend suggested placing scotch tape across the area and pressing down with your finger then quickly ripping it off. Worked like a charm! (11/04/2008)

By John

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

The scotch tape idea from John is the best. I just took off sticker glue from a cotton sweater that has been there through several washes. (11/15/2008)

By Jimmy

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I used the scotch tape method, as I like to avoid chemicals whenever possible. It worked eventually. Do not give up with only one application. I did it over and over - sometimes grabbing a piece that was pulling up with the tape to "help" it off. It did work well, though it takes some determination. Still way better than having to use chemicals in my opinion. (01/14/2009)

By J in NC.

Kids working on an art project with adhesive.
Removing Adhesive from Clothes
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Plexiglass
Removing Adhesive from Plexiglass
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎉
🎄