How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I used Stitchwichery on the wrong side of a pair of sweatpants. I did read the question regarding removal from polyester, but now I am desperate for help removing the glue from my son-in-laws very expensive sweats. I haven't told him yet what I did. Help. I have tried a hot iron and terry cloth towel method, Goo Gone, and stain remover. Nothing helps. Thanks.

By Sandra from Burlington, MA

Answers:

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I didn't have Goo Be Gone, but it reminded me of "hand soap". A product I picked up at the 99 cent store. They don't sell it there any more, but I've seen it at hardware stores, and I bet automotive stores would have it too! It comes in a little tub, looks like a 16oz sour cream container. It contains pumice and says it removes grease, grime, dirt, ink, odors, paint, and much more. I used it on some clothes adhesive and it took it right off, I also use it for cleaning the fridge, especially the handles, and everything else that is hard to clean. Amazing how easy it works, hardly any elbow grease needed at all. I'm starting to think this is the only product one needs around the house. (07/21/2010)

By jcdines

Kids working on an art project with adhesive.
Removing Adhesive from Clothes
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Plexiglass
Removing Adhesive from Plexiglass
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎉
🎄