How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

A friend of mine asked me if I could help her. A label was applied to a rayon/polyester dress and then forgotten. It was washed and now there is a sticky adhesive on the dress. Do you know how this could be removed?

Mavis

Answers:

Iron over it with a paper towel

Just iron over it with a paper towel on the garment and a cloth over that. That way, the glue will melt and go on the paper towel, but it won't burn because you are actually ironing the cloth one. Lisa (11/30/2000)

By admin2

"Un Du"

You can use a product called "Un Du " works great, and also Goo gone. Both are great, My daughter uses Goo gone all of the time to get oil out of her clothes from work. Works on anything sticky. Hope this helps Rosa (11/30/2000)

By admin2

I actually found the answer to my own question of last week.

It's up to you if you want to post it in case others with the same problem could use the answer. I found it at www.tide.com Here it is:"Advice from the Stain Detective, customized to help remedy your stain problem. Stain: Epoxy Resins/super glue Color: Colored, Printed or has Color Trim Fabric: Polyester Steps: * 1. Before treating any garment, always refer to the care label instructions first. 2. Colored items must be protected by pretesting the effects of stain removal techniques on a hidden area of the item. * 3. Use the solvent specified by the manufacturer.* 4. Pre treat with Liquid Tide and TideKick. * 5. Wash in 1 use of Tide in warm water. If there is any stain remaining . * 6. Repeat procedure if necessary." Mavis (11/30/2000)

By admin2

Goo-Gone

There's a product called Goo-Gone that will work to remove all kinds of adhesives to clothes (and carpets, etc.). My parents used to use lighter fluid and it works the same way, but it seems to me that Goo-Gone, besides smelling better, would be safer. Diane (11/30/2000)

By admin2

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

i got super glue on my trousers

really noticable

tried scrubbing and nail polish remover

where can you buy this goo-gone?

does it work? (06/08/2005)

By louise

How to Remove Super Glue from Clothes

Hi Louise,
Goo Gone is available at many grocery stores in the hardware section or any hardware store. There is also a Super Glue solvent available at hardware stores, too.
Good luck,
Susan (06/08/2005)

By ThriftyFun

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I have had this happen before also, and I found that lighter fluid will remove it easily without ruining the color or fabric. Just pour lighter fluid on the spot and rub with a dry cloth and wash immediatly with your regular laundry. Since this is flammable, please use with caution. Good luck.
Vanessa (08/01/2006)

By Vanessa

How to Remove Adhesive from Clothes

I'm in New Zealand and can't get Go-gone easily but the lighter fluid trick worked a TREAT with my son's white school top. I'd just be worried about colour fading with colours if they were new clothes and the die was not "washed out".
MANY thanks for the lighter fluid tip.

Terry (06/27/2007)

By Terry

Kids working on an art project with adhesive.
Removing Adhesive from Clothes
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Plexiglass
Removing Adhesive from Plexiglass
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 9:05:53 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 941 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.