How to Remove Underarm Sweat Stains from Light Clothing?

My husband's shirts are pretty white, but the underarms are not. These are not new shirts, but are in good condition. They are a poly cotton blend. I usually use ammonia in the laundry so the fabric does not get destroyed. And not at the same time, occasionally bleach.

By savtajon from Cleveland

Answers:

I was just talking about this the other day. Try lemon juice and sunlight. It may take more than one application.
Good luck. (06/20/2009)

By 2oma

My daughter has had dark sweat stains on her light colored shirts for years. I have tried bleach, spraying with bleach, Spray and Wash, and vinegar. Yesterday we tried the paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. It worked a little, but was still very visible.

I then tried rubbing with Cascade granular dishwashing detergent. It came out. Just to make sure it wasn't a combination of what I had been using, I got another one of her shirts and used just Cascade. Worked there again. Took some scrubbing on both, but I am so excited that we figured out a way to get rid of her sweat stains. (07/23/2009)

By kmbeck777

Also, it will help if you stop using the solid / stick-type underarm deodorants. They contain waxes and oils that rub into your clothing and bind with the threads. I looked at two different stick brands and both contained castor oil, which is well-known to permanently stain clothing.
(08/20/2009)

By mark.eting

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎄