How to Remove Underarm Sweat Stains from Light Clothing?

Is it possible to remove sweat stains from whites that are old?

By kateh09

Answers:

I had this problem this week on a white evening gown. I put white vinegar on it and put it in the sun for a few days. Do this every day till the stain is gone; it works. Good luck. (09/30/2009)

By kffrmw88

You can use vinegar as above for some sweat stains and after rinsing. Try an application of hydrogen peroxide plus the heat of an iron, or even while wet use a cotton swab dabbed in bleach on the wet stain until the stain is gone. (09/30/2009)

By pamphyila

I swear by Yellow Out. It is available in Canada and the USA. In the US you will find it at Ace hardware, and Walmart. You can also check out on the internet where to find it in your area. (10/01/2009)

By hedera

I read somewhere to try baking soda.

This link lists 75 uses for it and it's cheap.

http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/22/home-4/

If you Google "baking soda uses" there are other uses not listed on the link. (10/01/2009)

By melody_yesterday

My aunt use to use baking soda and peroxide. She made them into a paste and scrubbed into the area and let set for 30 minutes then washed as normal. This worked well back when we were waitresses and had to wear all white. (10/01/2009)

By dcsprsmm

I tried the baking soda and peroxide on some whites and it worked great. I made a paste and scrubbed it in with an old toothbrush then let it sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse and the wash as usual.

For colors, a vinegar and water solution works well, but it is helpful to first scrub the area. Do this with a soap designed to remove grease, like a shampoo for oily hair or dish detergent. I used dish detergent. This helps as a lot of the stain comes from the deodorant binders, as well as your actual sweat. After scrubbing with de-grease soap in "hot" water rinse with "cool" water and then apply "cool" water/vinegar solution and let sit for 30 minutes. Then wash as usual, no need to rinse. (11/16/2009)

By ToughyWoughy

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎉
🎄