CraftsOrganizing

How to Sort and Organize Craft Beads

If you use beads in your crafts, then you know what a hassle it is when all colors and sizes are mixed together. I tried sorting my beads in a tackle box, but it came open one too many times. Now I use little plastic containers, like what restaurants use for to-go condiments. You can purchase them in the party section of almost any dollar store. I then sorted my beads by color, type, and both. If I have a lot of a particular bead, I'll sometimes find a larger container. You can see that my lady bugs are in a small bowl, which I also found at the dollar store.

I place all of the containers in a drawer of one of my storage units. If I need only a couple types of beads, I can simply open the drawer and remove those containers. And if need several colors for a project, it is just as easy to pull the entire drawer out. I take it to my work space and put the drawer back in when I'm finished. This is only one way to sort beads, but it works for me.

I do this too. I get the little 10/1.00 at the dollar store and sort to my hearts content.

My hubby asked me once why I separated my buttons and I reminded him about the time his brother mixed all his nails in a coffee can. That was all it took!

Haha! You just had to translate it into 'male', huh? I love it! And your beads look great too! :)