Hummingbird Feeder Recipe

I would like a recipe for homemade hummingbird nectar.

By Calfie from Harbor City, CA

Hummingbird Feeder Recipe

It is one part sugar to four parts water, such as 1/2 cup sugar to 2 cups of water. Stir well until all sugar is dissolved and it is just that easy. Please do not use any food coloring at all. Food coloring is not good for the birds. At my large feeder, I usually have 10 hummingbirds at one time, it is so much fun to sit and watch them bicker over the feeder. (08/27/2010)

By jeangail

Hummingbird Feeder Recipe

jeangail is correct. 1 to 4. We always boil 1 cup of sugar with 2 cups of water till it is rolling. Stir it a little, take it off the heat and add 2 more cups of water. We fill 3 feeders and go through a pot and a half of feed a day. (08/27/2010)

By Suntydt

RE: Hummingbird Feeder Recipe

Hummingbird Feeder Recipe

I get great results with 1 cup water bring to boiling with 1/4 cup sugar: no food color. Cool and put in feeder.
When boiling eggs (hard or soft) use the water for hummingbird feeders as an added source of calcium for the little ones. (09/10/2010)

By LukeJavan8

Hummingbird Feeder Recipe
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
Hummingbird Feeder
Cleaning a Hummingbird Feeder