Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

Since I intend to use hydrogen peroxide as a stain remover, what is the strength of the peroxide I should use?

Nadia

Answers:

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

You can use the hydrogen peroxide either full-strength or diluted to half-strength (half water, half hydrogen peroxide). Since less is more, we recommend always starting with half-strength and adding more if necessary. Pour your hydrogen peroxide solution onto the stain and allow it to soak for 30 minutes. Launder on cool and air dry. If the stain remains, soak it for another 30 minutes in a stronger solution (more hydrogen peroxide).

(09/19/2008)

By LMcCay420

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

I use hydrogen peroxide in my rug shampooer instead of rug shampoo. I just use the same amount instead of rug cleaner. (09/20/2008)

By Beth

Hydrogen Peroxide Stain Remover

I listened to the advice and used 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water in a spray bottle to get chocolate off a load of whites and colors that had been dried on high heat. Chocolate melted all over everything. 2 and a half hours of spot treatment and scrubbing later all my daughters Abercrombie shirts and sweatshirts made it! Thanks for the advice and for saving me a bundle on replacing designer duds! I used the remaining amount in the spray bottle in the washer too. Worked great. (02/20/2009)

By Regina

T-shirt with ketchup, chocolate, and coffee stains on it
Using Hydrogen Peroxide as a Stain Remover
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide
Cleaning With Hydrogen Peroxide
Cleaning With Hydrogen Peroxide
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
🎄