Please don't use bleach! It is very caustic. Instead, buy a 32 oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide and buy and empty 32 oz sprayer bottle at Wal Mart. Remove the sprayer head and place on the hydrogen peroxide bottle and spray. It kills mold. You should also use this anywhere you want to disinfect in the home, like bathroom and kitchen counter tops. Just as good as bleach, completely safe to use. Bleach is very caustic and it should never touch your skin!
I love using Hydrogen Peroxide around the house and it is inexpensive too. It would be better to find a spray nozzle that fits the original brown bottle it comes in however as is so highly reactive that direct exposure to light will cause it to start to decompose. "The brown tint of the bottle prevents light being absorbed by the solution, preventing the oxidation and reduction reaction."
I have allergies and asthma. We have been using peroxide 3% to clean bathroom and kitchen for a few years. There is no odor or perfume scent. Just used it today on mold around a wood frame window, then put baking soda and water in spray bottle and used that after wiping away peroxide. Worked great. Walmart actually sells peroxide in a spray bottle. Then you don't have to make sure your homemade label stays readable. Then just buy larger bottles for refilling spray bottle
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!